2.04.2008

Bookaholic



I have book issues. This is a picture of my nightstand and all the books I am currently either reading or about to read. As a kid I always had a hard time getting rid of certain things (clothes, shoes, books etc...). Through the years I've gotten much better at getting rid of things and simplifying. Books are the exception to that. I just love them. I seriously cannot go into a book store without buying a book, and I have a constant list in my head of ones that I want to get. You might think this is a good thing-- that I'm learning something by reading, but really, that is what they invented libraries for. Not that I don't like libraries, becasue I do. I have plenty of books from there too.


Anyway...the reason that I am posting this is because I was thinking today, the problem with me buying books is that I rarely ever read them again (unless I really love it), so I decided to list all the books on my nightstand and ask all you, friends and family if you would like any of the books after I am done with them. Seriously, you can have them. Just let me know what you would like and they are yours. And don't feel bad about taking them off my hands. Most of them are from half.com and were cheap. I'm putting a little astrik by the ones that I love and want to keep:
  1. *The Giver by Lowry
  2. Beauty by McKinley
  3. the zero by Jess Walter
  4. The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
  5. *Silent Knife by Cohen & Estner (Library book)
  6. *John Adams by David McCullough (this book is so good! I'll lend it to anyone if they want)
  7. The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Juno Diaz
  8. *The Phantom of the Opera by Leroux
  9. The Alchemist by Coelho
  10. *The Hidden Children by Jane Marks
  11. *What Your Kindergartner Needs to Know by E.D. Hirsch Jr. & John Holdren (Don't ask me why I'm reading this when Vaughn is only one. Education is something that really interest me)
  12. The curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark haddon
  13. Follow the River by James Alexander Thom
  14. *What your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations by Stephanie Cave, M.D. (I'll lend it out)
  15. The Poe Shadow by Matthew Pearl
  16. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
  17. *Carte Blanche by Carlo Lucarelli
  18. *Boot Tracks by Matthew E. Jones
  19. The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
  20. The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
  21. Rant by Chuck Palahniuk
  22. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
  23. The Complete Stories of Truman Capote
  24. Cane by Jean Toomer
  25. Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda