3.05.2008

Simple Things

So...I'm just sitting here thinking of some simple things that I am grateful for.

#1 Working Out. I just started working out Monday Wednesday and Friday mornings at the church gym. It's totally awesome! It's free, I can take Vaughn and let him play in the gym with the toys and the other kids (actually he just runs around stealing every ones water, but he's entertained, none the less). It's also a great workout, and fun to visit with the other women who come. Today we did circuit training. We had 10 different stations (cardio, muscle strengthening, cardio etc...), and rotated twice around the circle, doing each station for 2 minutes, so 40 minutes of a great workout. I was just reading online and this is what they said about circuit training:


Circuit training is a great boredom buster: Moving quickly from one exercise to the next means your mind doesn't have time to wander or tune out.


An all-strength circuit burns 30 percent more calories (about nine per minute!) than a typical weight workout and offers more cardio benefits.


A circuit that combines cardio and strength moves will blast fat and sculpt muscle. It can also burn up to 10 calories a minute.


#2 Bath time. I love taking a long hot bath-- especially after a good workout. It's so relaxing and warms the soul.

#3 Nap time! Today I didn't take a nap, which I've been doing almost every day since I got pregnant, but I'm not feeling the need today, so I'm just relaxing and having some me time. I love both having a nap myself when I need one, and also having Vaughn taking a nap. I love looking into his room and seeing him so peacefully asleep. It's so nice.

#4 Hot and Sour Soup.



I discovered this brand (kikkoman) in the Asian food section years ago, and I must admit, I am an addict. It's the only brand that I've bought from a grocery store and liked. I actually like it more than most restaurants. It's simple, flavorful, and easy to make. It says it's enough for 3 people, but I can totally eat 1 all to myself if it's all I'm eating. It's only a little over a hundred calories (including the egg), so I don't worry about eating the entire bowl!


#5 Old Murder Mystery TV Shows


So while I sit here eating my yummy soup and blogging, I'm watching old TV shows. I just finished Perry Mason, and am onto Matlock now. I love these old shows. When I was a kid I used to watch Murder she Wrote every week with my Mom. I thought she was SO smart because every week she guessed "who done it." I love how the people always confess at the very end, and how they always figure it out.

Perry Mason is my favorite. So much better than CSI!




While I'm grateful for the big things in my life every day, it's fun to think about the simple things that make me happy.