3.03.2008

Visit from Grandma and Grandpa Emett!

I have the BEST parents in the world. They were missing Vaughn so they decided to come up for a weekend visit. I think that is so sweet of them to drive the six hours here just to spend the weekend with us. They arrived on Friday evening and stayed until Sunday afternoon.


We had a really fun time and we were totally spoiled by them. They brought Vaughn his very first backpack (see below) full of Dr. Seuss books, which he loves. I read him two of his favorite from the bunch every night before bed. They played with him the whole time they were here. Saturday and Sunday morning my Mom got up really early with Vaughn just so that Rick and I could sleep in. On Saturday we got to go see my cousin Jason and his wife Megan's adorable new little girl Kaelyn. Then we went out to lunch and then home for a nap and then to the park.



On Saturday evening my parents babysat Vaughn so that Rick and I could go on a date. I'm telling you they are the BEST! Rick and I had a great (and much needed) date. We went bowling--which incidentally is very entertaining if you go with me. A good score for me is in the 60's. Seriously, it's hilarious. I don't know why I'm so terrible at it, and why I never seem to improve. Oh well. Then we went to see Juno, which was hard to convince Rick to see. I had to promise to see whatever he wants next time. It was worth it though. I thought it was great.



I don't know if they had any fun, but we sure did. They are two of the most giving and fun people to be around that I know. I feel incredibly blessed to have been lucky enough to be their daughter. Thanks Mom and Dad!