4.24.2008

I have a bone to pick, world.


First: Whoever designed the roads and traffic signals in Vegas, deciding that 2 or 3 lanes was all we needed in this big city, and whoever decided to do a huge construction project on 215 AND Blue Diamond at the SAME TIME-- You are not my friend, nor will you ever be. You will never be invited over to my house to enjoy a nice conversation or delicious kabobs and strawberry shortcake or anything, because I DON'T LIKE YOU. I may not wish a slow and painful death on you, but I certainly wish a long and painful commute on you (on a daily basis) and hundreds of dollars in gas bills a month. Also...If any of you reading happen to be police officers and can give me a clear compelling reason why, after a MINOR accident, you have arrived and assessed the problem, the cars cannot be moved to the side of the freeway within a reasonable amount of time, I might not NOT like you. I might even give you some strawberry shortcake for solving this mystery for me.

Second: Whoever decided to let a six month pregnant woman sick with the flu sit in the waiting room of your office for 2 hours and 45 minutes today without any available drinking water or any snacks to boot...that probably was not a great idea. Not only did I have very unholy plots to destroy your building running through my head, I also wished my germs to crawl over to you and make you start throwing up. I realize I was a tad bit late for my appointment, but as we can see above, that really wasn't my fault, was it?

Third: Fish tanks are stupid. They are not calming or soothing or aesthetically pleasing or whatever you want to say about them. They are depressing and they smell bad, and they remind me of the 80's for some reason, which, when you are sick with the flu, is not helpful while thinking of horrible florescent colors, bad hair, and really crappy movies. Especially when you are thinking of them for 2 hours and 45 minutes. It also doesn't help when one of the fish is dying on the bottom of the tank-- apparently attacked by a new fish, as I heard a certain receptionist explain many times to concerned patients. How long can you stare at a poor dying fish breathing its last breaths before you want to climb into the tank and conk it over the head, putting it out of its misery?

Fourth: Whoever decided to put a poster on the ceiling of the exam room of Sylvester the cartoon saying "Just Relax!" You are not funny. When you are lying on an examination table with your Dr. pressing into your uterus and examining a tender pregnant cervix, looking at that poster makes you want to punch your Dr. in the groin and tell him to "Just Relax!," which wouldn't be a very good thing since he just happens to be a very nice doctor that you would like to come back to, and is the only reason that you sat in a waiting room for 2 hours and 45 minutes watching a fish die.

Now that I've got that off my chest...

I must say as miserable as my day has been, there are many things to be grateful for.

First: A healthy adorable 19 month old boy who was extra sweet to me today and snuggled up to me, gave me kisses, and covered me up with pillows and blankets while I was lying on the couch this morning. He even gave me his blanket to hold, which I know was a HUGE sacrifice from his sweet little heart. He may have picked up a new little game where he puts food in his mouth, makes throwing up noises and spits it out and then smiles at me, but I'm certain he'll grow out of it at some point in the future. I also have a sweet little baby inside me that kicks me and moves around and has a strong heart beat and is growing well. What more could a Mommy ask for?

Second: Wonderful friends and neighbors who called and offered to come help if I needed it, and took care of Vaughn all day for me. Even if we don't have good roads in this city, we have great friends, and that's what really counts, isn't it?

Third: I am the TETRIS QUEEN. While sitting in the office letting my anger build and build, until I was either going to burst into hysterical crying, or start yelling at someone, I decided to download tetris on my cell phone, and divert my anger to more productive means. I got to level 10 right before they called me back, and was feeling pretty great about it. Any of you out there who think you rule, I will totally take you on. I've got skills. I'm also really, really good at Free Cell (which has nothing to do with today). I have never lost a game out of hundreds of games. Seriously, I could kick any of your butts. Now, if I could only figure out a way to make money on it, be sort of like a pool shark, except a Free Cell and Tetris shark...that would be totally awesome.

And that's all I have to say about that.