4.20.2008

On the Road Again...

I just can't wait to get on the road again...




Vaughn and I took an unexpected road trip to Utah and Montana last Friday. My friend Janet called up, and was taking an unexpected trip with her kids to Utah and asked if we wanted to tag along for the ride. It ended up being a great weekend to go, because Rick had a lot of projects he needed to get done, and my parents were planning on going to Montana Saturday morning for my cousin Tiffany's homecoming. I was very excited to get to go to beautiful Montana and see my cousins and Aunt and Uncle. We got back from Montana on Monday, and back to Vegas on Wednesday. We had a great time with friends and famiy.



This is georgous Dillon Montana, where my Mom's sister Neldene and her husband Todd raised their three wonderful girls. Man, this place is a breath of fresh air (literally). I have so many great memories of visiting when I was a kid.




This is me and my cousin Shelly and her little boy Austin Todd. He is SUCH a cute little boy. They call him little bear, and he growls just like one when he gets excited. It was so nice to see my Shelly. She's always been my favorite cousin. She moved away for quite a while to New York, but she just recently moved back to Montana with her husband and baby. I haven't seen her in years, so I have to say this was the highlight of my trip!






This is my Mom and her sister Neldene, holding their grandbabies. Vaughn loved my aunt Neldene. She has a very cute and contageous laugh, and Vaughn had fun hamming it up to get a laugh out of her. He gave her quite a few kisses too. My Mom was lots of fun to travel with. She kept Vaughn entertained the whole time, and he was in Grandma heaven (which includes all the cookies he wants. :-) I was informed while protesting the amount of suger he was consuming, that I just haven't learned the Grandma rules yet). How can you really complain though, when he's having so much fun, and getting so much love?







This was taken at Classic skating, which I gave rave reviews about after my last trip. We went there on Tuesday with my parents, sister-in-laws, and their kids. It was lots of fun, and great to have some family time.



Awww...Vaughn and Ronald are friends. We stopped at McDonald's on our drive home and let the kids run around. Vaughn kept escaping and running up to the front of the store. Someone was mopping something up, and he was more interested in the mop bucket than the play place. It was fun traveling with Janet and her kids. We had lots of great conversations which made the drive go by fast. My favorite question from Janet: "If someone was holding a gun to your head, and you had to pick your husband or your kid, who would you pick?" lol. I tried to say that I couldn't make that choice, but she insisted that I HAD to choose. I think I picked Rick (reluctantly), which makes me sad just looking up at Vaughn's cute picture. You've gotta love late night road trip conversations!

All in all it was great fun. We had fun with family and friends, and now we're glad to be back at home sweet home with Rick.