5.07.2008

Today's Happenings

I took Vaughn for his first swim of the season today. Here he is with our neighbor and friend Kandyce. The water was FREEZING, but we very slowly got acclimated enough to get him halfway in the hot tub. The hot tub was just a little bit warmer than the pool, so we hung out there. I can't wait until it's warm enough to swim almost every day. Vaughn liked his car floaty. I got it because it provides him a little bit of shade and I worry about him getting too much sun exposure with such fair skin, but the top already started ripping off, so back to Babies R' Us it will go...

Vaugn helped me make dinner and set the table tonight. I love to let him stand on a chair next to the counter helping me cook, and sneaking bites of veggies and whatever else I'm working on. It reminds me of being in the kitchen with my Mom just visiting and snacking. I handed him the place mat and dishes to set the table, and this is exactly how he placed it on the table. Hum...do we have a budding artist on hand?



After dinner Rick went up and changed out of his work clothes and into his shorts and Seahawks jersey. When Vaughn saw him he climbed upstairs and came down carrying his Seahawks jersey, handed it to Rick and wanted him to put it on him. We both thought it was cute, and very smart of him to know that they have the same shirt, and to know where to go to get it. Like father, like son.