8.09.2008

Happy Birthday Rick!

Happy Birthday Baby...

Today is Rick's birthday. When we were dating, part of our relationship was long distance so we would write each other a lot of letters. We would often put top 10 lists in them, which are fun to look back on now. So, keeping up with tradition...here is my top 10 list of why I love Rick:


  1. He's artistic. He's good at drawing and painting and is very creative.

  2. He's wicked smart. He kicks my behind in any kind of trivia game or scrabble. When he watches Jeopardy he knows most of the answers, and he knows where every country and capitol is. He also cares about education, and worked hard in undergraduate and graduate school, so he now does a really good job at what he does, and is a great provider for our family.

  3. He makes me laugh all the time. He has a quirky sense of humor that I love. Even though he always rolls his eyes at my knock-knock jokes I think he secretly thinks they are funny.

  4. He's a family man. When Rick talks about his family members, he always does so with love and respect. I loved this about him from the very beginning. I knew how important his family was to him, and that he would value the family we were together in the same way.

  5. He makes a mean batch of banana bread, yummy fish tacos, and delicious kabobs. He's got skills in the kitchen and I love it when he helps out with meals.

  6. He has never once complained when he gets home from work, if the house is messy or dinner is not made. Sometimes I worry about it because his Mom always had a spotless house, and was a good cook, but every time I bring it up, he just puts his hand on my shoulder and says "Don't worry about it so much." He appreciates it and says thank-you when the house is clean and dinner is on the table.

  7. He's really good at fixing things and making things. He will get an idea in his head, and then draw it out, and then just make it by figuring it out himself. It's amazing to me.

  8. He's a great Dad. He's always on the floor with Vaughn wrestling or doing somersaults or building blocks with him. Vaughn adores him.

  9. He's sensitive to my feelings. If I'm sad or upset he never dismisses my feelings. He gives me loves better and listens to me, which is really important to me. He also gives me practical advice and doesn't overreact, which is also important to me. He just seems like this steady presence in my life that balances all my ups and downs.

  10. He's my best friend. I love spending time with him, kissing him, visiting with him, and just "wasting time" with him. I can't think of anyone I'd rather spend forever with.

I love you Rick, and hope you have a wonderful birthday and year to come!