9.21.2008

Mommy Blues

I've wanted to get on here for weeks and post some cute pictures of our little boys, and some happy thoughts, but the truth is that I'm having a hard time.
I've just discovered that the baby and I have thrush, and to put it mildly, I'm in extreme pain. Nursing has been really painful from the get go, and I didn't realize why. I thought I was just being a wimp, and that I needed to suck it up for a few more weeks until I toughened up (no pun intended). They had to give me antibiotics for my delivery, and I'm sure that's what started it. I'm hoping to get over this hurdle soon, and to be a happy nursing Mom soon.
My Mom just left this morning. She's been here since the night before my delivery and has been helping me with Vaughn and the baby and everything around the house. I've been crying all morning because I don't know what I'm going to do without her help.
I just want everyone to know that we are alive, and that we are so in love with both our boys, even if things are difficult at the moment. Send some happy thoughts and prayers our way.
I promise that my next post will be happy and include pictures. We've got lots of cute ones-- we just need to download them.
Thank you everyone for all your positive thoughts, and for the meals that people have brought us, and all the gifts and everything else. We are so blessed to have such amazing people in our lives.