10.06.2008

Over The River and Through the Woods...

To Grandmother's house we go.

Yes...we've been in Utah for a week now. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and emotional last week and kept telling my Mom tearfully that I just really needed her to come back, which she was willing to do. But I knew that I couldn't pull her away from her life for that long, and then it dawned on me...Hey, I'm only a few hundred miles away. Why don't we go there? And so my Mom was on a plane the next day, so that she could drive back to Utah with me.



Have I mentioned how wonderful my Mom is? Well she is. I have no idea what on earth I would do without her, and the rest of my family for that matter. I have the most wonderful husband ever, but sometimes you just need Mom.



We're doing well. Enjoying the nice cool air, and a relaxing conference weekend. All in all, I feel MUCH better, and am enjoying my time with family.


Mason is the sweetest baby. Adjusting to him has been so much different than it was with Vaughn. When Vaughn was born and even when I was pregnant with him I just felt like I "got" him, and still feel that way. He's playful and sweet and energetic, and independent. I still feel like I'm figuring Mason out. He's a little mysterious bundle to me. I know that he's sweet, and cuddly. He likes to be held and talked to and sung to (or is it sang to?). He sleeps right next to me and burries his head right into me. It's the cutest thing. He's patient, and I think he will be smart, and one who thinks things through. I think he'll be a lot like Rick. He certainly has a lot of his looks.


Here he is all wrapped up to me. Thank goodness for this sling that I got from my friend Natalie. I use this one and the Mai Tai a lot, so it's easier for me to get things done, since Mason wants to be right next to me.

Oh how I miss the crisp falls, the pretty trees, my parents backyard, fresh apples off the tree, the view of the mountains from my parents house. I didn't realize and appreciate this beauty until I went away. Don't get me wrong, I love Vegas and my home there too, but fall is when I miss Utah the most.


Vaugn loves to pick apples off the tree, jump on my parents trampoline, and look for the kitty in the backyard. He loves all the family he's around. He's started calling my Mom, "Mom", and occasionally calls me "Jane" instead of Mom. I can't say I don't deserve it-- I haven't been much of a Mom to him lately, and Grandma is stepping so nicely into that role. Hopefully ballance will be restored at some future point, and I can give him more of my time.


I love my boys. What a fun thing to say. We are missing Daddy, who will fly here this Friday, spend the weekend with us, and drive back with us on Sunday.


Vaughn and cousin Claire on the trampoline.
I'm sorry I've been so out of touch in the blogging and computer world. I have hundreds of posts that I need to catch up on. I hope you all are doing well!