12.02.2008

Green Drink

Okay, this might look gross, but it's surprisingly good. I've been making it the past few weeks every morning, and I'm pretty sure I have more energy and feel happier when I drink it. You may not believe me, so just try it for yourself.

I dare you.

I've even converted Vaughn. The first time he tried it he looked at it very suspiciously, took a small sip, and told me it was yucky, but today he drank a whole glass of it and said "It's weally yummy." Well actually I thought he drank a whole glass of it until I was cleaning up tonight and noticed he dumped half of it into his Lego box. Not so fun to clean up. But hey, he drank half of it.

So if you're feeling adventurous, and want to get some extra fruit and veggies into your day rather quickly, here is the recipe:



Recipe: Green Drink
(courtesy of Dr. Oz)


  • 2 cups cucumber

  • 2 cups fresh spinach

  • 1 celery stalk

  • 1/2 inch or 1 tsp. fresh ginger root

  • 1 bunch parsley

  • 2 apples

  • 1 lime, juiced

  • 1/2 lemon, juiced

Put all ingredients in a blender or juicer, mix away, and enjoy!

I don't peel anything but the ginger, and I don't put the lime in (just the lemon). If you're trying it for the first time, or are trying to get a child to drink it, you might want to adjust the recipe so there is more apple, less veg. ratio, so that it tastes sweeter. Once you get used to the taste, you can even it out to your own preference.