8.21.2009

Mason's First Artwork

Drawn this morning sitting on the lap of his Momma, while Vaughn and Dad had a little outing to Costco for some shopping, samples, and Costco dogs:

Photobucket

Sure, I helped him hold the crayon a little. He's only 11 months old, after all. I was most struck by the colors he chose (no help whatsoever from me). We sat with a box of 64 Crayola crayons next to us, and he consistently picked all the browns/orange/reds and blues.

I think it's so interesting that little kids seem drawn to certain colors at so young of an age. I remember Vaughn loving and favoring the color green, even as a baby. Now that he can talk, he says that his favorite color is green.

Mason loved sitting and examining all the crayons, trying to eat some of them, and trying them out on the paper. It kept him entertained for a good 30 minutes, which is nothing short of a miracle.

Trust me.