9.03.2009

Day #1

Rick left this morning with his nephew Cole, on their way to Barcelona. They will be gone for 10 days, and I've decided to suck it up and stay home by myself. I'm sort of excited, and I've got some fun plans up my sleeves. We're especially excited to have my brother Paul, his wife Beth, and their three adorable kids come visit for the weekend.

It drizzled a little on us on the drive to the airport. It seemed like a special goodbye treat, and the perfect weather for me and the boys to go to the book store and get a few books in the early afternoon.

Vaughn loved Goodnight Goon, which is a halloween parody of the classic Goodnight Moon, and I had to get Catching Fire, the second book of The Hunger Games. It's not very often we buy books (that is a big lie. I buy books a lot, but I usually buy cheap used copies online from Amazon or half.com), but today just seemed like a day to spoil ourselves. Maybe it's the change of seasons, or the fact that Rick's side of the bed will be empy for 10 days. I need a good book.

I'm going to miss Rick, but I'm really excited for him and his adventure. Speaking of books, he got this really cool little Moleskine travel book. They have been around forever, and have supposedly been used by artists like Picasso, Matisse, Kurakin and Hemingway. You can buy them for lots of different cities, and I think they are so cool, and such a great way to document your trip, are very practical, and are great things to keep as a reminder of your fun adventure:



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Very cool. Well I'm off to read my new book. Love to all you friends and family out there. Hope you all have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend.

And if any of you need a laugh today, watch this video: