10.17.2009

5 Reasons I Love Rick Today

  1. When our kids started going crazy in the middle of the night-- crying, not staying in bed etc... he took the baby in his room and slept on the floor, so I could get some sleep.
  2. He got up with the kids in the morning so I could sleep in (I've had a long 3 days, and haven't gotten much sleep-- he knew how tired I was).
  3. I woke up to the smell of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins baking in the oven. Rick and Vaughn baked them, and when I came downstairs Vaughn told me excitedly that he helped make some chocolate chip muffins for me. They were tasty!
  4. He's kept all the laundry going today.
  5. He didn't care that I took a nap even though I slept in.
I'm not always this lazy, but I just haven't been feeling great, and really needed a little break. I don't know how I got so lucky to get my Rick, but he's the best husband a jane could ask for. Thanks Rick!

Here's the recipe for these yummy muffins if you want a yummy fall treat:


Andy Potts' Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins:

pumpkinmuffin

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
1 ½ cups sugar
14 ounces pumpkin pie filling
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt (optional)
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together the eggs, vegetable oil, sugar and pumpkin pie filling. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin bake for 15 minutes.