10.02.2009

...For Thinking That My Love Could Hold You

Last night I rocked Mason to sleep while I sang him this song:

Patsy Cline "Crazy"


He's been such a good sleeper for months now. I lay him down when he's tired and he'll just go to sleep. But for the first 10 months of his life I sat in the old re-upholstered rocking chair that we got from Rick's Mom, snuggled in the corner of the room next to our book shelf, and would nurse him and sing him to sleep. Some days I'd spend more than an hour rocking him, because he had to be fully asleep before I could lay him down, and he took a morning and afternoon nap, and then went to bed at night. We've spent hundreds of hours together in that quiet corner.

So last night, I stole a moment with him and sang a good old Patsy classic.

Because I still could.