11.19.2009

Zion Day Trip

Early Monday morning my friend and I set off into the sunrise, our three little pups in the backseat, for a day trip to Zion.

Have I mentioned before that I love that place? That every breath in the canyon fills me up with nostalgia for my childhood, a solid feeling of joy in the present, and hope for the future?

Well, enough of that now. Lets look at some pictures!



Holy batman this kid is cute...
Photobucket

This one is too, but decidedly harder to photograph (I could show you the other 500 I took just trying to get him to look at me)...
Photobucket

It was a beautiful day with blue skies. I have no idea why the colors are so crazy in this photo, but I like it anyway...
Photobucket

The lower emerald pools...
Photobucket

We heart orange mud...
Photobucket

Friends. It's official: This is the cutest little auburn headed, dimples when he smiles little guy ever (and an adventurous and fun Mom to boot)...
Photobucket

Photobucket

My only complaint about the trip is that I spent about half my time telling Vaughn to stay on the trail, or to stay by me, or telling Mason to come here, come here. Herding, in other words. Vaughn kept pointing to spots above and below the trail and telling me "This would be good to climb Mom! I can put a rope here and it would be good to climb..."
Photobucket

Pretty leaves...
Photobucket

Cute little Vaughn...
Photobucket

Mason's feeling left out. We need another picture of him...
Photobucket

The back of the blues mobile on the drive home...
Photobucket

The end.