12.05.2009

Ready for Christmas

The stockings are hung.  Well, not really-- but they are out of their storage box and are almost hung.

We've got a real Christmas tree, for the first time ever.  Our house smells like pine, and I don't think I'll ever get a fake tree again.

I've decided that one of the worst decorations for a tree when you have a one year old and a three year old is candy canes.  We've gone from 24 situated cozily in our lovely tree, to about half that amount in just 15 hours time, 10 of which, were spent sleeping.  Vaughn is eating one as we speak, and I didn't open it for him.

Oh well.  You live, you learn.

The Christmas shopping is almost done, minus one special little fury, whiskery, adorable present that I haven't picked out yet, but will soon.  I'm so excited I can barely stand it.  Rick, on the other hand, is not excited.  I suppose he'll get over it eventually.

And we've visited Santa's wonderland at the Bass Pro shop:
Photobucket


At least one of them enjoyed it!

So we're ready for Christmas!  Happy Holidays friends and family!