1.02.2010

New Year's Goals and Other Stuff

The other day I was at the gym, listening to the Pulse album while I worked out.  It reminded me of this blog post that I wrote earlier in the year:

Being a Mom, the World, and Other Things

I remember feeling so tired then.  Feeling a need for a break so strongly.  I remember that moment of lying in the hammock like it just happened.  The world was so cool and the sky so full of stars.  It was like I was the one being rocked for a small moment.  I don't know why, but it makes me so emotional just thinking about it.  It's just amazing to me how much we go through as women.  As mothers, friends, sisters, daughters, co-workers-- whatever it is we are in life, there are times when things are tough-- but then there are these small moments that are like little gifts to us, that refresh us, remind us of the bigger picture, and make us feel loved.  That night in the hammock and visiting with Rick after was one of those moments for me.

What a difference a year makes.  I'm no longer that sleep-deprived, and feeling overwhelmed girl.  I'm so grateful for blogging to capture and remember those moments, and to share it with those who care to read about them.

Here are my New Year's Goals for 2010.  Sorry if some are a little personal.  I love making goals.  They just get me excited for the ways I am going to grow, learn and improve.

  • Get my guitar re-strung and learn and memorize all the songs in The Peter Yarrow Songbook: Sleepytime Songs. Sing some of them to the kids with the guitar every night.
  • Run the 13 mile Red Rock loop by September.
  • Read and study the SS and RS lessons throughout the week to prepare for the lessons on Sunday.
  • Pay a full tithe
Here's to a new year!