2.06.2010

Every night before I got to sleep, I stop into my kids room.  I could say that it's just to give one last little check on them, but really it's because I love to watch them sleep for a moment or two.  They're so quiet and small.  It always seems amazing (miraculous) that there are my two little boys, and they are both holding still.

Our days are so filled with motion that it's nice to pause in the darkened room and take in the stillness.

Last night, after an evening with some friends, I stopped in and found them like this:

Photobucket

I thought about keeping them there-- they looked so cozy and comfortable, but decided to put Vaughn back in his bed.  As soon as I moved him, Mason stretched out and got into his usual sleeping position.  I always want to remember him just like this:
Photobucket

And sweet little Vaughn curled up with his blue blankey and settled back into dreamland...
Photobucket

And the superheros who had been painstakingly placed on the dresser hours before, kept a lookout for any monsters that may come:
Photobucket