3.25.2010

Spring Mountain Ranch

Yesterday we drove my Mom to the airport and said goodbye.

It was a treat to have her here. My house is cleaner, my kids are happier, my laundry is done, and my fridge is stocked (all because of my Mom).

Yesterday morning we went to Spring Mountain Ranch. It was one of my favorite memories of having her here. Nothing extraordinary happened-- just the sun shining, a picnic in the cool grass, the kids running and climbing trees, beautiful cliffs behind us, and nice conversation.

 I was only sad that the ranch house we took a tour of wasn't mine. I don't usually covet, especially when it comes to houses, but I want it-- the house, the porch, the clear little lake, the blue sky, and red rocks in the background. I'll even take the cow my Mom tried to feed cauliflower to.

So here are a few pictures from the morning. Please excuse my post editing. I'm getting a little carried away with Photoshop lately (obviously).  I'm just learning.