He had written the list in calligraphy, and put it on the bottom half of the page with little perforation marks across the top. He had remembered how much I liked the list when I shared it with him, and wanted me to have a little something to hold on to.
He's a thoughtful one, that Rick.
Little did he know that years later I would find it tucked away in a book, and that it would be exactly the thing that I needed to read today:
Ten Rules for Happiness
- Develop self-discipline
- Joy comes through creation
- Do things that are hard to do
- Entertain uplifting thoughts
- Do your best this hour, and you'll do better the next
- Be true to those that trust you
- Pray for wisdom, courage and a kind heart
- Give heed to God's message through inspiration
- True friends enrich life
- Faith is the foundation of all things, including happiness