10.13.2010

My Little Mase Man

(pictures from Washington)


A month or so ago, Vaughn started going to a play-school group with four other kids.  He's absolutely loved it, and loves the kids he gets to play with each week.  I love it for a different reason-- I get to kick it with the Mase man for a few hours a week, and it's been so much fun.


Last week we went to the duck pond and ran around in the grass and collected a whole bag of pine cones, leaves and sticks.  He loved running up to the edge of the water and loudly exclaiming "Hi ducks!  How you doooin'?  Hi!"


Today we went to Krispy Kreme and got ourselves a little treat, and watched the doughnuts being made while looking through the big glass window.  They had the store all decked out for Halloween and Mason was all wide-eyed and pointing out all the "weady scawy stuff" to me.


For the entire first year of this little boys life he was constantly by my side.  I mean that literally.  He slept right next to me, and for most of the day he was in a baby sling.  I would spend sometimes hours just rocking and singing to him and nursing him.  But now he's just always running around with his big brother and I only get my Mason time in small increments.


The other day I had a friend ask me what Mason's personality was like.  I don't know why, but I have a really hard time answering that question.  In short-- he's incredibly sweet, sensitive, and a little stinker all wrapped into one.  He reminds me a lot of Rick, which isn't really helpful, since very few people really know the Rick that I know and love.  I mean, c'mon, doesn't this face just scream Rick:


He's so funny.  And creative.  And I'm so glad I've had some extra time with him lately.  I didn't realize how much I've missed that one-on-one with him.