10.24.2010

Simple Pleasures

Rick and I woke up feeling awful this morning.  Achy, and yucky.  It's no fun being sick when your all grown up, and you don't have your Mom to make you some peppermint tea and take care of everything for you.
But even though it's been sort of an icky day, here are a few things that made me feel happy today:

  • Wearing my favorite comfy grey sweater and my moccasins all day
  • Eating crock-pot applesauce.  You just quarter and peel some apples, throw them in the crock-pot with a squeeze of lemon or lime on them, add a cinnamon stick, let them cook for a few hours, and then mash them a bit with a potato masher.  So warm, delicious and soothing.  
  • Curling up to a good book while the kids played (Watership Down).
  • Eating egg-drop soup for dinner.  I think I like this better than chicken noodle when I'm sick.  Just some chicken broth, frozen peas (which I didn't have this time), green onions from our garden, and an egg.  So good.
  • Taking a nap.
  • Drinking ice-water.
  • Listening to Vaughn tell Mason stories before bed (they're still at it).
I think now that the kids are getting closer to sleep I might take a hot bath and call it quits for the day.  Here's to a better tomorrow!
xoxo