But even though it's been sort of an icky day, here are a few things that made me feel happy today:
- Wearing my favorite comfy grey sweater and my moccasins all day
- Eating crock-pot applesauce. You just quarter and peel some apples, throw them in the crock-pot with a squeeze of lemon or lime on them, add a cinnamon stick, let them cook for a few hours, and then mash them a bit with a potato masher. So warm, delicious and soothing.
- Curling up to a good book while the kids played (Watership Down).
- Eating egg-drop soup for dinner. I think I like this better than chicken noodle when I'm sick. Just some chicken broth, frozen peas (which I didn't have this time), green onions from our garden, and an egg. So good.
- Taking a nap.
- Drinking ice-water.
- Listening to Vaughn tell Mason stories before bed (they're still at it).
I think now that the kids are getting closer to sleep I might take a hot bath and call it quits for the day. Here's to a better tomorrow!