11.28.2010

300 Posts and a Blog List

This is my 300th post.  It's not necessarily an important milestone to me, but when I logged onto my account, I noticed that I've put 299 posts worth of time into this blog, and I started thinking about my blog and what it means to me.  Some days, I love that I can share my thoughts and ideas and little moments with the world, and some days I feel like I'm wasting my time and want to shut the whole thing down.  It's my personality.  If I had to describe myself in one word I would probably choose inconsistent (but if I had three words I would choose inconsistent, awesome, and sweet (haha)).
A month ago Caz, at A Little Learning For Two, a fantastic blogger who I love following and getting ideas from gave me a "versatile blogging award." (Thank you Caz!)  I was supposed to share seven things about myself and then pass the award on to other bloggers, but I'm a bit of a procrastinator.
One thing I love doing when I find a new blog that I like, is to visit some of the blogs that they enjoy reading.  To me, it's sort of the equivalent of visiting a friend's home and browsing through their books-- what a person enjoys reading enough to keep on their shelves can say a lot about them.
So I thought I'd share a list of my favorite blogs (blogs that aren't personal friends and family because those are the real favorites), and hope that you can give them a visit if you have some extra time.  These are the blogs, that every time they post I get all happy, because I just know it will be something great.  Here they are (in the order they appear on my feed reader):

  • Childhood 101 I love the ideas and vision that Christie shares of childhood and play.  I find myself so often coming away from her blog and posts feeling inspired, and wanting to be a better Mom.  I love her we play link up, where other mothers can share their moments of play with each other.  It is a fabulous blog.
  • i made it so. ana is such a great and funny writer.  I laugh almost every time (actually probably every time) I read her blog.  She is talented, open, easygoing and very giving-- responding to comments, and taking the time to comment.  She started a linkup recently called the "Friday Archive Dive" where you can dive into your archives and share older posts that you've written that go along with a theme she's assigned.  It's lots of fun.  Go visit-- seriously!
  • lilla a   I love the simplicity and beauty of this blog.  It is full of little projects that this mother is doing with her children.  Even thought they are all just beautiful, they are also very simple (simple enough that even I, the maybe only non-crafty person on the blogosphere, feel like I can make them).  I'm not kidding when I say that every single post is starred in my reader, because I want to make almost everything she does.  I also covet her children's room and the bits and pieces that I see of her home.
  • My Montissori Journey I don't know much about Montissori school, but this is a blog written by a teacher of this school.  She shares ideas that she is doing in her class.  This is another blog that almost everything is starred, because they are all such great ideas.  I love the passion that she has for both teaching and the children she teaches that so clearly shines through her blog posts.  I have found such great ideas to do at home with my boys here.
  • No Time for Flash Cards This has been such a great resource for me and my boys.  There isn't an activity or craft that I've tried from here that we haven't enjoyed doing.  I love her extensive experience with childhood development and teaching, and of children's literature.  Her ideas are usually simple, fun, inexpensive and educational.  It has greatly enhanced our learning at home.
  • Sheye Rosemeyer photography An absolutely beautiful blog.  Beautiful writing, and beautiful images.  Sheye shares so openly her grief over losing her little girl tragically, but also shares her joy in mothering her other children, and photography, and all the other things that bring her happiness.  It just makes me so grateful to be a mother when I read her words-- more appreciative of the things that matter the most in this life.
  • Silly Eagle Books  I love the activities and the books that Vanessa shares through her blog.  I love the activities that she's shared that correspond to a book-- I find myself brainstorming up ideas now of activities and fun little surprises that I can make that correspond to our favorite books.  She is lighthearted and fun, and has fantastic taste in books, and decorating (her children's rooms are so beautiful).  
  • Steve Mccurry's Blog I cannot look at the amazing photography on this blog without feeling awed, and almost reverenced.  It makes me feel so small and humble but connected at the same time.  I'm sure most people are familiar with Steve McCurry's work (especially his famous National Geographic cover), but his blog is one to read.  I love the words he pairs with his images, and of course the images themselves.  This one is a favorite of mine.  I don't think I could breathe through the entire post.
  • That Artist Woman This blog is brimming with fantastic art project after another.  I wish I had the time to make each of them-- they all look so fun and beautiful. 
  • Oesch and Doots A mother sharing moments with her children.  Beautiful and inspiring, simple and subtle.  I love the thoughtful writing and the beautiful images.  I love this blog.
  •  smitten kitchen  This is my favorite cooking blog.  The images, writing, and food is just amazing.  I love the fresh seasonal ingredients she uses.  I wish I had her in my kitchen cooking for me.  Seriously, that would be cool.
  • Fritzi Marie  I actually do think of Fritzi Marie as a personal friend, but I've only met her once on her wedding day (our husbands go way back to "old school issy").  She is funny, cute, thoughtful, beautiful and so giving. I love her blog, and hearing about her adventures with her husband Dan, and her adorable little dog bono baby. 
So there you have it.  Hope you all had a great weekend!