Four Things in my Handbag:
Fritzi Marie etsy shop.
2. Moleskine notebook and sharpie pen. Because you never know when inspiration may strike.
3. Olympus voice recorder. I originally bought it to record reading books, singing to my kids and getting family members to tell stories too so that I could transfer them to the ipod or disc, but I use it quite often-- little conversations or my children singing or visiting with one another. It's a handy little tool.
4. Mentha lip gloss from bath and body works. a gift from my sister-in-law. My lips love it.
Four Things in my Bedroom
1. Quilt that lays atop our bed. Rick's Mom made it and gave it to us as a wedding gift. I absolutely love it. I don't know how she picked all my favorite colors and put them all into one space, but she did. It makes me happy.
3. A lovely little vase from my best friend Holli. She sent it to me when I moved into our new home here in Vegas as a little house warming gift. If I'm ever feeling sad or lonely I only have to look at it to remind me of the people in my life who I love so much.
this post detailing what's on my nightstand. I really do think this place in my home says the most about me.
Four Things I would Like to Have Done, But Didn't:
1. Stayed up on my Spanish after college. I used to be able to jabber away and speak on a very basic level, but it's amazing how quickly it slipped away from me. Now the only thing I can remember really well how to say is "Quitase los zapatos y salga de aqui, rapidamente!" Which means "Take off your shoes and get out of here, right now!"
2. Go to Cuba. I know, I know. People always think I'm crazy for wanting to go to Cuba. It's still on my list. I should have done it when I was young and wild. :-)
3. Gotten a masters degree. Maybe someday still when I'm grey and old. Wouldn't that be something to see.
4. Learned how to make a quilt from Rick's Mom while she was still alive. I always wanted to learn that from her, but thought I'd have plenty of time in the future. After she got sick from cancer, I knew I would have to learn from someone else, and that makes me sad.
Four Things You May Not Know About Me
1. I'm really ticklish-- always have been. Just acting like your going to tickle me can send me into fits.
2. Sometimes when I'm on the edge of frustration with my kids, I yell at them in the little Spanish I remember (you'd be surprised how applicable "take off your shoes and get out of here right now!" can be). The result is almost always the same-- stunned silence on their end, and then deep belly laughter, which always makes me feel better. So even though I don't think it's great to yell at your kids, in this case I make an exception-- yelling at them in a language they don't speak might be okay sometimes.
3. Sometimes when I eat apples, I like to eat the whole thing-- as in, peel, flesh, core and seeds (minus the stem). I know you probably think that's gross, but I think it's really good. I also like chewing on pine needles, and eating rose petals. Still friends? :-)
4. I started off college as a music major. I didn't end as a music major (thanks to a couple years of music theory), but music is still a really important part of my life.