12.08.2010

Recent Inspiration:

Here are some activities we've tried recently that I've borrowed from other (fabulous) blogs:

I loved these ornaments when I saw them on lilla a last month, and knew I wanted to try them.  Here is a picture of our finished product (but please check out lilla a's, as hers is much more lovely):


Vaughn wanted a "spooky" one:
We had lots of fun sorting out the buttons, and painting and gluing.  Mason was a champ at handing me buttons to glue on, and saying things like "oh dats a coot one!"  
............................................................................................
I loved this Whoville craft and activity from Little Wonders' Days.  The book has been a favorite in this house for a few weeks, and I knew this would be a big hit.  Here's our finished Whoville:

Oh the glitter.  The glitter, glitter, glitter, glitter!  :-)

 Vaughn was really into this craft.  He helped me select the items from the recycling bin, and pretty much made and planned the whole thing.  I helped cut out the egg carton for the houses, and paint the trees, and that's about it.  

We also borrowed the idea to have "roast beast" for dinner, and watch the cartoon "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" while eating Christmas popcorn for a family activity.  Lots of fun!
....................................................................................................................
This simple and educational game has been a huge hit around these parts.  I saw it originally at The Activity Mom.
It took me only a minute to print out, and add some clear contact paper to.  
.................................................................................................................
This adorable little play scene in a box from Childhood 101 inspired me to make one with my boys.  I found a good little box that would be perfect, and we got busy building.  Vaughn really wanted a jungle, which was perfect because I had a little bag of jungle scene toys in my craft closet.  Here is our little play box:
 That's Tarzan up there with the tie on (haha), and his rope to swing on.  


This was loads of fun to make and to play with.  I think we will be making more of them in the future.  Now I just need to order some more shoes so I'll have boxes to put all these scenes in, right?  :-)
........................................................................................................................................