1.12.2011

Dear Natalie,

Janet, Me, Natalie (the waterworks were just beginning)

At the end of last year you and your family packed up your belongings and moved away from Las Vegas.  It was such a busy time of year, and I didn't feel like I got to say goodbye to you properly.  When I drove away from our get together at Cafe Rio, I just sobbed (especially when I drove by the entrance to your housing community).  I thought of all the spontaneous walks we've taken with all our kids running around us, and all the times we've gotten together.  I'm going to miss visiting with you, and hanging out with you so much.  I'm going to miss your kids too-- Josh's cute little dimpled face smile, Avery's fluffy blond hair, Cambria's calm and happy smiles.  

I want to tell you thank you so much for your friendship through these years.  I knew from almost the moment I met you that I wanted to be friends with you.  Josh was in my nursery class, and you were pregnant with Avery (and still one of the cutest pregnant women I have ever seen), and I admired what a nurturing and caring Mom you were to him.  I'm so grateful that I got to know you, and become friends with you.

You have so many traits that I admire and love.  You are spontaneous, adventurous, intelligent, kind, a peacemaker, fun, talented, a good listener, nurturing, and many many other things.  I'm thankful for the person that you are, and the example that you are to me.  

In many ways I feel like I'm a better person from having you for a friend.

I know I will still get to keep in touch with you, and still get to see you, but I'm just so sad that my good friend isn't down the street from me anymore.

I wish you all the best in your new state, and new home.  I know you have great things in store for you. 

Thank you for being you, thank you for every kind thing you've done for me, thank you for your friendship.  I'll always be grateful for it.

Love,
Jane