2.13.2011

Mouse Soup and old favorites

While I was staying at my parents house, I went through all the old books that have survived mine and my six brothers childhood and borrowed stole a few to bring home with me.

The boys and I have had lots of fun reading these together.  I love all the crinkled pages, and art work that my brothers and I made on some of the pages.

The kids favorite has been Gus Was a Friendly Ghost,, and Little Racoon and the Thing in the Pool.  Both are cute stories that I loved as a kid.

My favorite (hands down) has been Sylvester and the Magic Pebble.  Goodness that book gets to me every time-- especially when I read it with a child on my lap and read the last line "Some day they might want to use it, but really, for now, what more could they wish for?  They all had all that they wanted" (sniffle, sniffle).  I loved that book as a child, and nothing has changed.

What about you?  What are some of your favorite books from childhood?