2.09.2011

What We've Been Up To

I've been away from this blog for a while.  We had my parents in town last week, and then had an unexpected trip to Utah and Idaho, for the funeral of Rick's Aunt.  It's been busy, but so nice to spend some time with family.

My parents are such great people.  They came to visit just because I called and said that we missed them.  One of the days they were here we were taking a walk, Mason in a stroller and Vaughn in his bike, and both my parents took off steering the boys around pretending they were in the Batmobile and the Batcycle (sound effects included), and chasing each other all around.  The boys were all wide-eyed and laughing away, and I just watched from behind with a smile on my face, knowing what a lucky girl I am to have these two people for parents, and the grandparents of my children.

The boys are taking a nap right now.  We rearranged our upstairs, packed the crib away, and now the boys have beds right next to one another.  Often, when I peek in on them they are all curled up together and it makes me so happy that they have each other.

We just started reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory together, and are really loving it.  I think Roald Dahl writes some of the best books for little boys (and probably girls too!) that I have ever read.  I think when I look back on my life, some of my fondest memories will be of the times I sit in their room, some candles lit, the window cracked just a bit to let the fresh air in, the occasional tinkling of the wind chime in their window, and the stories-- the many many stories we read together.

Part of the reason we rearranged the upstairs, is to transform the guest bedroom into an art/craft room.  I'm so excited about our new space, and will have to share some pictures soon, and projects that we are working on as well.  Rick got a new drafting desk, which gives him a lot more space to spread out and work, and I now have a new table with all my sewing set up.  I no longer have to lug the sewing machine and all my fabric out of the garage, and mess up our dining room table with my projects.  It's so nice to have a space for both Rick and I.

Well little Mase man woke up (a little earlier than he should have) and he keeps trying to stick his finger up my nose.  Sorry for such a jumbled post-- I just wanted to say hello.  Hopefully I'll be able to post more soon (sans toddler finger up my nose).

Love,
Jane