3.07.2011

Super quick, easy, healthy jam

The other day I came across this post from Super Healthy Kids, on how to make a (really) quick, (really) easy, and (really) healthy jam.

I decided to try it right away, because I always have frozen berries stored in my freezer and quick, easy, and healthy are always a great combination.

It really is as simple as throwing a handful or two of frozen (or fresh if you want) fruit in a sauce pan, and stirring it up, and breaking it up for a few minutes.


Then it turns into a yummy jam.  You could, of course always add sugar if you like, but I found it pretty sweet, especially if you add some mixed or blueberries.

We've enjoyed it in yogurt, oatmeal, and on bread.  I think the favorite though, was when I made bread the other day, and used a bit of the dough to make some scones.  We topped them with our jam, and sprinkled a little powdered sugar on top.

Yum!