5.31.2011

On Friday we left to spend our weekend with Rick's sister Peggy and her son Cole in Gilbert, Arizona (near Phoenix).  It was a nice relaxing weekend, and we enjoyed ourselves, as we always do visiting Peggy and Cole.

The kids loved wrestling and playing with Cole, and putting him in jail:





One of the nights we went scorpion hunting in the backyard with a black light, and found a couple of them.  They glow a bright florescent yellow under the light, and look like this (not my picture):


It was creepy and cool.  The kids loved it.

We ate lots of great food, and went swimming, and were able to visit and relax.

Peggy has her own pottery wheel, and she taught me how to throw my own pot.  Here is my finished product:


I know it's not much to look at, but I'm still proud.  It's harder than it looks!  You need some muscle to work the clay.  Peggy is going to fire it up and glaze it for me.  Maybe it will be cute on my nightstand to put jewelery in.

Well I better go.  Mason just came upstairs and when I asked him what Vaughn is doing outside he said "He's teaching Domino to be nice to the dogs."  (Our next door neighbors have two large dogs that have dug a pretty big hold under the fence).  Yikes!  Sounds like I need to rescue Domino.

Hope you all had a nice Memorial Day weekend.

xoxo