6.29.2011

Summer Activity Calendar

Last year, and this year, my ward (church) has created a summer activity calendar for all the families in the ward. The people who organized this handed out a sign up sheet during church, and then anyone could volunteer an afternoon, and be in charge for a day with any idea they have.  Really, even when you volunteer, all you have to do is show up, and hang out with whoever shows up.

I love it!  It's so nice to have a full calendar all summer long to look at, and decide which activities you want to go to.  My kids have so much fun playing with all the other kids who are there, and I love visiting with all the other Moms.  It's also a great way to invite neighbors, and create a better community with those you live around.  There's no pressure to go to activities-- it's just there for whoever is looking for a fun activity.

I scanned our June calendar in, and thought I'd share the idea, since it's such a great one.


I'm really grateful to the people who have planned this and put it together.  It really brightens up our summer!