7.10.2011

My Totally Righteous Kids

This is the picture that Vaughn brought home from church today.  If you can't decipher his coloring, this is a picture of Dracula (with blood dripping down his shirt).  Then he folded it into a paper airplane.  When I asked Vaughn what they talked about in class, he said "Jesus, airplanes, aliens on Mars, and the sun and the moon.  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that classroom to hear what my child had to say in class.

Then later in the day I was lying down next to Mason for nap time.  He started singing in his sweet little voice "A Child's Prayer."  Here was Mason's version:

Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?
Some say that Heaven is far away,
but I feel it close around me as I poop... [that should be pray, in case you're wondering]

He also loves replacing the words in "Scripture Power" to "the power that I get each time I poop!" [read]

And he of course was wearing his sly little smile.  He really enjoys his irreverent humor, and I have to say that I do too.

I hope you're all enjoying your Sunday friends.  I know we are.  :-)