8.20.2011

Lazy Saturday

Today was my favorite kind of day.  Lazy.  The house was already clean, the laundry and shopping done, so we took it easy and just spent time as a family all day.

We played Lego's in the morning, and later went up the mountain to take care of a friend's animals while she was out of town.  She has fish, chickens, turkeys, and a dog.  The kids had fun chasing the chickens around and calling the biggest turkey "Doctor Ugly" (he really is an ugly turkey) while Rick and I took care of their food and water.

Then we all went to Dick Blick for some new art supplies, had lunch, and all got a nap.

After naps Rick took the boys on a little outing, and I got some good reading time in while they were out.

Late afternoon we all painted and drew together, while listening to good music (I've embedded the playlist below).


I love that I have a husband who is artistic.  I didn't realize how much I would love that about him, until I married him.  He is constantly working on things, creating, and building, and it makes me happy when we can spend time as a family like this.






In the evening I sat on the porch and watched Rick and the boys play football and soccer with a big group of neighbor boys (and one girl).  They went up and down the street, laughing and playing together until the day disappeared into dark.

And now I'm here, anticipating a movie and possibly munching on popcorn with my main man in a few minutes.

I hope you've all had a good Saturday, doing things you love to do.

xoxo




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones