9.09.2011

Three

Photo taken by my dear friend Kashina

Dear Mason,

Today you turned three years old.  I stayed up much too late last night just thinking about the first time I held you in my arms-- how you nestled right in and nursed so well right away, and fit so comfortably in my arms.  I've always loved having you close-- holding you, singing to you, and now wrestling and playing with you (still with an occasional snuggle, of course).  I can't believe it's already been three years since I first held you.  It seems like you've been with our family forever, but it's gone by in just a blink.

We've had the funnest of days.  You woke up in the morning and climbed into bed with Dad and I, where we told you happy birthday, sang you a little song, and kissed your cheeks.  It didn't take long before you wanted to head downstairs and look at your gifts, so we did.

Vaughn spoiled you with a Robin doll (your favorite super-hero), and Dad got you some Lego figurines, and I got you some books.  The three of you boys played with your new toys while I made us some yummy breakfast of bacon, eggs, croissants, and freshly squeezed orange juice.  We talked about your favorite things and people while we ate, and had a great time together.

After breakfast and a few preparations, we had your first-ever friend birthday party.  It was a Super-hero party, and you had so much fun playing with your favorite friends who came, and playing with your new toys that you got spoiled with.

The rest of the day we've taken it easy-- naps, playing with family, reading, and a big batch of your favorite dinner-- pot stickers (you ate six!).  Now you are laying in bed next to your brother, whispering excitedly when you are supposed to be sleeping, and making me smile.

Thank you for being you.  Sweet, strong, sensitive, creative, playful, mischievous, loving you.  I feel so lucky and blessed to be your Mom-- to get to spend so much time with you and to get to take care of you.  You make me happy every single day.

I love you birthday boy.

Love,
Mom