11.17.2011

It's a quiet night at home tonight.  I haven't written in so long that it's hard to know where to begin.  Today, and lots of days, I feel really tired.  I had a goal that by the time we left out of town for Thanksgiving, I would have the entire house cleaned and organized and ready for the baby.  I want every little nook and cranny gone through, but I still have so much to do, and I feel discouraged.  I feel like all I'm doing is barely getting by with the necessities-- just getting the house straightened up before Rick gets home, keeping the laundry going, making meals, spending time with the kids, and getting them where they need to go.

Today I called my Mom in frustration and tears.  As always she gave me good advice.  I expected her to tell me to just focus on doing one extra productive thing today, or something along those lines, but instead she told me that I needed to listen to my body, and that if I push it too hard then I will get sick, and that won't be good for me or the baby.  She told me to take it easy today-- to not worry about the house, and to try and get a nap if I could.  Then she had me book her a flight, so that she can drive back home with us after Thanksgiving, and stay for a few days and help me get everything done that I want to do.  She helped me set up a plan for when she is here that we can accomplish.  I felt like a huge weight was just lifted off my shoulders.

I see a lot of people posting what they are grateful for, for the month of November.  Today I am so thankful for my Mom.  Even if she came to visit me and didn't lift a finger to help (which she would never ever do) just having her nearby is a huge moral booster.  I think a good mom is like magic.  They lessen burdens and make you feel better just by being near-- even hearing their voice is comforting.  I hope that I can be as good of a mom to my kids and future in-laws as my mom has been to me.

I'm also grateful for this little baby boy inside of me (and of course Rick and our other two boys).  Right at this moment he has the hiccups and it's making me smile.  I'm so excited to have him in my arms and to see what he looks like and what his personality will be like.

That's all the blogging I've got in me tonight, but hopefully I can post more regularly soon.  I've got a million thoughts and ideas that I'd love to get down someday.

Love to you all,

Jane
xoxo