5.10.2012


It's 9:30am and I haven't done anything today.  The boys are watching a movie while I waste time on the computer.  I have a sore throat, headache, and my body aches, and I'd really love to go back to bed.

So today I'm going to think of things that make me happy.  Like this day a couple of weeks ago when we went to the lake and played for hours in the water and dirt until the sun went down.  Mason sat in my lap and wanted me to take a picture of us together.  I love his little Cheetos smile.  He's so cute.  He runs around half naked most of the time, and what he is wearing is usually on backwards.  He has a constant soundtrack that he's singing and accompanying his many super-hero moves.  In the morning he climbs into bed with me and draws super-hero symbols on my back and has me guess which ones they are.  Before every one he says "This one's going to be weally twicky."  He gets sad if I guess it too fast, so I have to guess the wrong one at least twice.  I love how before he starts a new one he has to "erase" the old one off my back by wiping his hands over it.  He's still my biggest fan, and makes sure to give me lots of hugs and snuggles and kisses everyday.

 
Or my little freckle-nosed hilarious Vaughn.  I took this picture in the tent one day at Goblin Valley when he wouldn't take a nap and was being silly.  His face looked all glowing and so sweet in the tent with the afternoon light on us and I always wanted to remember his face that day.  He makes us laugh every day with things he says and does.  The other day after I had cut his hair, fingernails and toenails, he sighed and said, "You just cut the life right outta me."  Then when we were at Spring Mountain Ranch two days ago, he was laying in the branch of a big tree, the sun shining on him, and said "Now this is really living!"  Yesterday morning Rick taught him how to snap before he left for work.  Vaughn was so excited and woke me up first thing to show me his new talent.  He practiced all day.  He's growing up so fast.

I love being a Mom.  Even when I'm sick and don't feel like doing anything.  It's the best job in the world.