6.16.2012

Happy Birthday/Father's Day To The Best Parents In The World!


Today is my Mom's 59th birthday and tomorrow is Father's Day.

I've been thinking about these two people all weekend long.  I've been thinking how even though they each have such strong, vibrant personalities, to me I always think of them as one.  They've been married for almost 40 years, have had seven children, and have strengthened each other, learned from one another, and worked so hard to create the kind of family they both wanted so much.

This is one of my favorite pictures I have of them.  Sitting in the sunny grass, holding my happy little first-born (probably after just having run and rolled around with him), with big happy smiles on their faces.  I'm the luckiest girl to have them for parents, and to have them as grandparents to my boys.

Together they are strong, warm, talented, hilarious, hard-working, compassionate, supportive, happy, healthy, playful, intelligent, wise, fun, and loving.  So so loving.

I hope you two have had the best of weekends and are enjoying your special days, and know how much I love you even if I can't be there to give you big hugs and kisses.  You mean the world to me.  I'm so grateful for you both.

Love,
YSPDLAB :-)
Jane