7.03.2012

Six Months

Six Months.

I woke up feeling unexpectedly happy and calm.  I only cried twice through the day.  

Once when Kashina unexpectedly dropped off flowers, dinner, and superhero movies for the boys.  I love my sweet friends.  The ones who called, left me messages, and thought of me today.

And again late afternoon sitting on the stairs looking out the window and thinking of Adam.  Rick asked what was wrong, and then came and sat by me when I started crying.  He kissed my head and put his arm around my shoulder, and told me it would be okay.  That he loved me.

After a minute of sitting there together he held up his thumb for me and showed me a little black dot that was there.  "Can you see that?" he asked. "I have another one on my hip."  When I asked him what it was he said, "a pencil tip.  When we were in elementary school kids used to walk around and stab each other with pencils all the time.  I still have these marks from it."  Which made us both start laughing, as we sat there and told crazy stories of what it was like for us back in the day.  Things have definitely changed.

I loved that moment of sitting there with him on the stairs laughing and visiting with the sun shining on us, his arm around me.  I sure love him.

We're heading to Michigan early in the morning to visit family and friends.  I'm so excited to see so many people I love.  The boys are so excited to fly and see the clouds below us.  

I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July (if you're celebrating!).

xo